When it comes to storage units, you will find them in a wide array of sizes. This can easily get you confused as to which one to choose for your purpose. One of the simplest and best ways to determine this is to find out the inventory that you plan to store in the storage unit. If you make a list of these inventories, you are less likely to forget those items that may need more space. It will also be a good idea to consider your future needs. If you are more likely to add more things to the list of inventories to be stored, you may have to buy a larger storage unit.
Time Duration Is Necessary While Choosing A Suitable Storage Unit
Depending upon the time duration, you may have to choose a storage unit with proper access and ventilation. However, if you wish to store items for a short period of time, it is acceptable to store them closer together. If you wish to store items for a longer duration of time, you not just have to think about proper ventilation but also a suitable walkway so that you can find required items easily. When it comes to those items that you may need to use on a frequent basis, it will be a good idea to allow sufficient amount of space in the storage unit for an aisle.
Types of Storage Units
As discussed above, there are different types of storage units based on their sizes at Storage Plus – Storage Sydney. Choosing one which has the right size is crucial for the safekeeping of your items. Here are some of the different types of storage units and their sizes.
- 5’x5’ Units: Storage units of this size are suitable for storing personal items, boxes, clothes, small furniture, toys, and sales rep materials.
- 5’x10’ Units: These type of storage units are suitable for storing small quantities of sofas, furniture, chest of drawers, chairs, mattresses, and box springs.
- 7.5’x10’ Unit: Storage units of this size are suitable for storing small numbers of box spring and mattresses, chest of drawers, furniture, chairs, sofas, and any other boxes or small items.
- 10’x10’ Units: These type of storage units can easily store the contents of a one-bedroom apartment along with major furniture, appliances, and boxed items.
- 10’x15’ Units: When it comes to storing items of a two-bedroom apartment, a storage unit of this size is appropriate. It can easily hold appliances, furniture, boxed items, and other boxes.
- 10’x20’ Units: A Storage unit this big can hold the contents of a three-bedroom apartment or a home that includes boxes, appliances, boxed items, and furniture. These type of storage units are also useful for commercial purposes.
- 10’x30’ Units: If you wish to store the items of a four or five-bedroom apartment that incudes furniture, boxed items, appliances, and other types of boxes, this type of storage unit will be suitable. A unit this big is also used for various commercial purposes and to store different types of equipment.
To read more on topics like this, check out the blog category.